Careers, Jobs and Employment Opportunities at Tangalooma Island Resort
View our Current Vacancies
Visit Seek Website
Alternatively applicants can send their cover letter and resumes to:
Human Resources Manager
Tangalooma Island Resort
PO Box 1200
Eagle Farm QLD 4009
Working at Tangalooma Island Resort
Tangalooma Island Resort employs over 250 staff in a wide variety of fields. Majority of the positions are either full time or permanent-casual in nature and involve 30-40 hour week over 5 days.
Some of the fields that in which positions become available from time to time include:
- Food and Beverage
- Reservations (Mainland Based)
- Sales and Marketing (Mainland Based)
- Skilled Trades – Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Mechanics, Powerhouse Engineers
- Activities / Entertainment
- Tour Drivers
- Water Sports / Equipment Hire
- Guide / Translation Staff (Japanese or Korean)
- Dolphin Care Team
- Yard Staff (Portering, cleaning and general maintenance)
- Launch Crew
- Workplace Health & Safety
- Accounting / Payroll Personnel
Most of the above positions require the staff member to live on the Resort in subsidised accommodation with meals provided.
Positions that become vacant are usually advertised in local Brisbane newspapers (e.g. The Courier Mail, Gold Coast Bulletin) and employment websites (e.g. Seek) and are filled through applications received, which are then kept on file for a period of three months.
Tangalooma company policy requires that any potential staff member be interviewed prior to employment, which means that to be considered for a position you will need to be available in Brisbane at the time the position is offered.